Mission, Vision, Core Values & Mandate
Mission & Vision
“CMD exists to inspire, empower and transform communities through provision of holistic social services while strengthening resilience for self-reliance”
“CMD envisions empowered, holistically transformed and economically self-reliant communities growing in unity and diversity”
Our Core Values
We hold ourselves accountable to our “Vision, Mission, Values, Goals and Objectives”; these are the essence of our internal interactions, and form the foundation for our engagements locally, nationally and globally. Our successes are measured not only by CMD performance but also, and more importantly, by its impact and beneficiaries. To be successful, CMD must remain distinctive, maximize our comparative advantages, and ensure our culture and environment exemplify our values. The organization endeavors to uphold a set of “core values” to guide all its undertaking. These values include but not limited to:
1. Transparency and Accountability: CMD values openness in selection of staff, timely payment of staff and suppliers, fair selection of clients/ bidders, timely procurement and implementation, timely reporting to donors and stakeholders’ involvement with openness.
2. Service: CMD is founded on Christian principles of love, peace, joy, patience, kindness, faithfulness, honesty, self-control, hope, order and commitment in service of God and humanity. In its work, the organization embraces the model of “Jesus Christ” who came not to be served but to serves. At all times, we seek to honour God by quality service delivery.
3. Equity and equality: CMD believes that people with different needs belong to the community and have equal access to human and financial resources without discrimination. The organization is committed to respecting rights; including women, children and vulnerable individuals’ rights within our society in service delivery.
4. Respect: CMD upholds respect values within its staff and stakeholders, which includes: beneficiaries, donors and authorities. This is evidenced on our respect to agreements and compliance to systems and procedures.
5. Professionalism: CMD believes in recruiting and retaining qualified staff, quality service delivery, continuous learning, skills development and change management
6. Integrity: The organization believe in wholeness in service delivery, character, uprightness and practicing honesty in day today deeds.
7. Unity and Diversity: CMD affirms the importance of unity with diversity of race, religion, gender and languages in its staff, partners, communities and among all people.
Our mandate is to support relief and development assistance in South Sudan and expand operations in the East Africa region and the continent of Africa to provide holistic social services to vulnerable communities toward achievement of – “Sustainable Development Goals”
- Strengthening capacities of communities for self-reliance
- Economic and social development initiatives for vulnerable children, youth and women.
- Responding to community needs during emergencies, recovery and development.
- Engaging key stakeholders at all levels in policy formulation, implementation and advocacy
- Addressing discrimination and violence in all its forms against women, children and men
- Pursuing our mission with integrity, excellence and compassion in service delivery
Follow us on Social Media
CMD is a registered non-profit, non-governmental, multi-sectoral relief and development organization (CMD South Sudan Charity Reg. No RRC-216)
© 2018 CMD Africa. All rights reserved.